If you are a business owner, your focus should be on income producing activities. Yes social media is important but do not let yourself get sucked up into the abyss and lose track of what will really grow your business. There have been many times that I find myself spinning my wheels and getting no where. Luckily, I spent several years in Mary Kay and learned a few things that I still use to get back on track. In Mary Kay, I used these tricks to achieve their National Queens Court of Sales, selling over $36k in one year. With my busy mom schedule, I couldn’t do it without using this system. This system is perfect for any business and I even suggest it for rodeo competitors looking for Sponsorship.
It’s a fact, we all get side tracked at some point… Over the years I have learned a few tricks that get me back on track. Now I’m sharing them with you!
So what is my secret? I actually have 2…
1.) A 6 most important things to do list. No idea why there’s 6. I can’t remember for the life of me why there are 6. I took the concept and tailored it to fit my needs.
Every night before bed I fill out my 6 most important things to do list for the next day. This will help to quiet your mind for a good nights sleep and help you start the next day with a well thought out plan. Your list will need to be tailored to fit your goals or business. However…
I highly suggest keeping this one item on your to do list…
***Determine how many potential customers/sponsors/business partners you will contact each day and make sure you follow through
2.) A FOCUS book that I carry with me everywhere.
My FOCUS Book is a 3 ring binder with tabbed dividers
Contents in each divider
1. To Do List – This is your 6 most important things to do list.
2. Monthly Goals
3. Current Sponsors – I have a page with for each Sponsor. On this page I include conversations, ideas to promote them, etc
4. Possible Sponsors – This is a running list of people I would like to contact. It’s nice to have this with me when I think of someone.
5. Events – Events I would like to go to or that I am planning. For example… If I plan to attend a rodeo, I would have page for that rodeo that includes my goals that I would like to achieve for my business while I am there.
6. Show Guests – a note page for each guest I book
7. WIR Articles – A running list of women I want to write a story on
Again, your book will need to be tailored to your individual needs.
Mary Kay Ash once said Set a goal and do something about it. This is how I make sure I am doing something about it.
The Women in Rodeo Radio Show is hosted by Heather Cannon. Heather brings Women In Rodeo together for motivation and education by sharing stories from professional women in rodeo (via an interview) that will inspire the women who hope to follow their footsteps. Each show promises to provide education and motivation for women in rodeo at any level. The show is produced by the Horse Radio Network and is part of the lineup of shows on the Horse Radio Network.